Coco Worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Coco worm that I got just over a week ago. He was fully extended in the LFS and looked very healthy. I acclimated him and put him in my tank and he is almost never out. I have seen him stick his fan out a few times, but at the slightest hint of movement in the tank it darts back into it's tube.

Has anyone had this experience before? Is there something I can do to make it less skitish? Is it going to live much longer if it's not extending out and feeding off the water column? Please advise.

Thanks

tripper

They are actually quite skiddish normally. Not much you can do about that. They will respond to just about any change in the tank and retreat. Being that it's new, it may yet grow accustom to the "happenings" within the tank, just give it some time. I would also be sure it is not placed in an area of heavy water flow. Med-low flow would help.

Also be sure you maintain proper reef chemistry with these guys. They need a proper balance of alk/Ca to form their tubes...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom