Coco Worm help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am wondering if anyone has ever broken the tube of these and if so how high up? I would like to place them somewhere other then in the sand but with the tube shapes it is difficult. I would think that 5 inches down from the opening would be ok and that they would regrow or close any opening or it could be filled with putty. Any thoughts??

I have never had one but IMO that would be a real bad idea... You need to think about the animal and not what the tank would look like. Its hard enough to keep certain critters alive without destroying their homes.. JMO..

reefobsessed said:
I would like to place them somewhere other then in the sand but with the tube shapes it is difficult.
Sounds like you have more than one sharing a common tube(s)?
I would think that 5 inches down from the opening would be ok and that they would regrow or close any opening or it could be filled with putty.
AFAIK the animal inhabits the entire tube-ie. when stressed it will retreat as far as it can into the tube, using the whole thing. You risk the possibility of cutting/severing the animal(s) along w/ the calcareous tube when cutting it.

Back
Top Bottom