coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw some pictures of snowflakes and really not the same. that and i didnt know you couldnt mix the clowns, true and false.... so thank you for that bit of info!

Snowflakes look better IMO anyways. Platinum clowns are just completely white and don't really look like clowns anymore so it defeats the purpose.

There are ocellaris b&w clowns and I've also seen percula b&w clowns. Either way, they can actually pair up and mate. It's pretty cool stuff.

really? there are some b&w's that have orange on the nose. i dont want those, i want only black and white.

so which ones are those?

slitherbomb said:
There are ocellaris b&w clowns and I've also seen percula b&w clowns. Either way, they can actually pair up and mate. It's pretty cool stuff.

Did not know that.... Holy cow, b&w w/ plat?!? That would be awesome to see!!!

Snowflakes look better IMO anyways. Platinum clowns are just completely white and don't really look like clowns anymore so it defeats the purpose.

ill look again just to make sure... i have eaten since i last looked so now that im fat and happy my opinion may have changed.

slitherbomb said:

Hey, hey!!!! I like my platinum!!! Lol

I think that percula clowns might be the ones that get completely black but not sure. I've seen completely black clowns and some with a little orange on their noses. Mine still has a little orange.

slitherbomb said:
I think that percula clowns might be the ones that get completely black but not sure. I've seen completely black clowns and some with a little orange on their noses. Mine still has a little orange.

I know the b&w from Australia are completely b&w... Only seen them on aquacon...

They will or should turn all black when they mature. Mine are kinda small and don't have much orange left to them. My last set of B&w's had alot of orange, but I had them from the 1/4 inch mark, they were completely orange. lol

Kio707 said:
I know the b&w from Australia are completely b&w... Only seen them on aquacon...

Yeah and the ones from aquacon are said to be percula and those are the only b&w perculas I've seen online. I personally don't might the orange mouth and thinks it looks a little better than a completely b&w clowns

I got my black and whites from aquacon. I didnt think there were totally black perculas but maybe I;m missing something. Unless they are bred to be all black

carey said:
I got my black and whites from aquacon. I didnt think there were totally black perculas but maybe I;m missing something. Unless they are bred to be all black

Suppose to be only b&w. One of the lfs has them. Beautiful....

coffeetwitch said:
just googled it, the percula is 100% black and white. so maybe thats on my to buy list!!!

And a platinum!!! Lol... Sweetie pie said u where good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom