Cole's Free 28 Nano Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still trying to decide what to do with the lights, or if I should do anything at all with them.. the rapidLED will be $245 shipped, that's for the "HQI retrofit" version and a 2 channel dimmer. Same setup but with 24 LEDs instead of 20.

Okay, LIGHTS, I'm still undecided haha, I'm bad when it comes to these kinds of things, and tend to over think everything..

Options:
1) rapid LED- $245 for the kit itself
2) Do away with the hood, and use a normal panel type fixture, which can be found for about $130 or so.
3) Do away with the hood, and use par38 bulbs, I would assume I'd need two. These aren't necessarily cheap either, normally around $80 per bulb, plus finding two fixtures I can buy and attach.

At this point I'm more leaning towards option 2. I've done some sketches (I am far from an artist) to show how I'd do the 2nd and 3rd option.

Option 2:
20140210_132126.jpg
Option 3:
20140210_132813.jpg

What are y'alls opinion of what I should do? $245 for the rapidLED just seems like such a bad deal.. On a brighter note I picked up a bag of sand for the tank today :dance:

That's my option two:) the pictures got moved around from where I put them..

Haven't see that one, love the price!!!! I think it should look pretty good having the two black tubes bent over holding the fixture too, it'd be a clean look IMO. Any idea if homedepot will bend piping for you?

I put the 2 par 38's on my 39 gal a couple weeks ago and am already seeing better growth then my orbit for almost 2 months!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392089237.103058.jpg
They are the rapid led 12bulb! I live the shimmer from the water movement!

Looks great!!

I would assume I need two as well, and I really like the boostled clamps, they're very clean looking. So all said and done, $230 before shipping and stuff.. barely cheaper than the rapidLED kit

Still looks like using a traditional "panel" type light and making the hanger looks like the best way to go.. Best bang for the buck

"Any idea if homedepot will bend piping for you?" Bend it your self.That's what i do, I "barrow" there conduit bender and bend it right there in the store :whistle:

I like it!! :D

Well, there may be a chance that I have to keep the hood.. :/ In that case I'd keep the stock light. Gotta see what the warden(mom) says, she didn't seem thrilled about the wonderful idea I proposed to her last night haha, so we'll see..

On another note, think it'd be better to upgrade the return pumps or do a powerhead? I'm sure I'll want more flow then it comes with. I wanna try to get away without adding powerheads to the tank

IMO your going to be better off with a power head it will allow to better aim the flow it's most needed

That was my thought too, getting away with not adding anything to the display is just appealing.

Should have the spot for the tank cleared this weekend!

That was my thought too, getting away with not adding anything to the display is just appealing.

Should have the spot for the tank cleared this weekend!

After a time you wont even notice the power heads your eye will be drawn to the coral/livestock in the tank

There great pumps for the money im running a WP-40 in an 8 ft long 180 and can push water over the sides

Tell him to use a computer power supply the adjustable ones give you more options to adjust water flow He might even find one on ebay for a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom