Cole's Free 28 Nano Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have a question, I had an emerald crab for the longest time, and he was huge, he was very relaxed and was always watching in the shadows so to speak. One day I woke up and he was on his back, no idea why.

Long story shot I have a new one now, much smaller. My old one never even noticed all my coral, this one likes to hug it?! Should've taken a pic last night but he was sitting, IN, my brain.. now hes hugging onto my indo purple tip stag.. Should I be worried? Lol

20140307_104113.jpg

I had a large emerald that liked to hang out under a birdsnest colony. It didn't hurt it though...
img_2864927_0_4cff82a2bc60a6b0c942185053d6e50b.jpg

Okay, just wondering cause my other never did that, and this one was smack dab in the middle of this brain last night

ForumRunner_20140307_111021.jpg

Now on sps this morning, they don't seem bothered though

My emeralds tend to hang onto the stems of lps corals, no idea why. lol But they have never harmed a coral, maybe make them close up when he was dancing on them but thats about it. lol

Well after coming back today from being gone for 5 days this is what I come home to:

20140316_180417.jpg

20140316_181418.jpg

Cyano it looks like, although kinda stringy for it. I'm sure that's it though, not surprising, all that die off I got from the rocks I'm sure. I threw some phosguard in a media bag in the media basket before I left even. And then there was zero indication of any algae whatsoever.

Well my firefish passed:( no clear indication of why either. Everything tests zero and nitrates are <5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just moved over my YWG from my 20g, used the water bottle trap on him. He swam in before I even put it down haha. I thought for sure they it'd take a few tries before I got him..

Cyano is gone, the candy cane and GSP that's in there are happy. So fingers crossed!!

Just moved over my YWG from my 20g, used the water bottle trap on him. He swam in before I even put it down haha. I thought for sure they it'd take a few tries before I got him..

Cyano is gone, the candy cane and GSP that's in there are happy. So fingers crossed!!

Did you just put food in a bottle??

Cut the "neck" off the water bottle then stuck it back in but inverted, with a little food inside if that makes sense. Hopefully the pics will help haha.

The idea is they can swim in but not out. My fish swam in before I could even let go lol

Attachments

• 1395888416379.jpg
    1395888416379.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 40
Seems like a fish trap my grandpa use to put in streams.

I'm surprised it worked so well. I will make sure to remember this trick.

Back
Top Bottom