Converting from Fresh to Salt: HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yit94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so for 5 years now I've had a nice 30 gallon tank. I bred guppies and sold them to my local store. I recently sold them all, and now I want to start a saltwater tank. I emptied it all out (except for gravel) and I was all ready, but I don't know how to set it all up, or even if my filtration has saltwater capabilities. Below are some pictures of my tank. Please let me know how I can make it a saltwater tank. Buying a new tank is to much, and I think my tank is really nice. And please tell me everything I need to know about setting it up. I wouldn't have only like 3-5 fish, I like coral more.

img_1089061_0_809762f80fb432c80c5d52a2d08069ab.jpg
I know that I would have to get rid of the gravel and put in some sand. The water simply goes up the tube in the back left corner and goes into the filtartion system (next picture).
img_1089061_1_44c74a4243ab81cf1ecfae3bb7c79572.jpg

It simply shoots out that valve and runs through the three different compartments until it goes back in the tank.
-THANKS!!!

Here are some other questions I have:
-About how many pounds of sand will i need?
-Here are fish/coral that I want please let me know if they go well together
-Fish
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-1 Blue Mandarin Goby
-2 Peppermint Shrimp
-2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
-1 Sand Sifting Sea Star
-Coral
-1 Purple Tipped Sebae Anemone
-2/3 Hawiian Feather Duster
-1 Red Sea Pink and White Xenia
-1 Eye of Jupiter Polyp

Welcome to AA.

You have a bit of reading and research to do. Start with the thread that Mike linked. Then read the articles in that section of the forum.

You may rethink using that gravel and decide to go bare bottom or use sand. You will have lots more questions so post away <g>

Back
Top Bottom