Coral Beauty in QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe - what do you reckon though, I know the kit isn't totally right saying I'm at 0, because 0 is white, but white isn't even on the scale :p

You think after a 25% change, and possibly getting a bit of the food out I've been putting in over the last few weeks to cycle it, I'll be good to go, even though I'm not "technically" at 0? ;)

MarkW19 said:
lol, can't it's full of water!! And I've nothing to stand it on.

Would there be a way of creating a siphon in the position it's in atm?
Your not going to get a very good syphon at floor level. Not sure if your on good terms with a local grocer but see about borrowing a couple of milk crates. They are quite sturdy and should support the QT just fine. That will give you enough height.

Cheers
Steve

Cool, good idea :)

What do you think about my question above (re nitrite etc.)?

What are the exact readings and when was the last water change?

Cheers
Steve

I haven't done a water change yet as it's still cycling...

The ammonia is 0, the nitrite is showing as "0" on the test strip, because the lowest colour of the gradient is very light pink (the strip goes very light pink to deep purple).

The colour of my test is lighter than the very light pink, so therefore technically at 0 (or "less than 0") according to the test.

But, I know my main tank is totally white, not a bit of pink in it, whereas my QT is showing a tiny bit of pink.

So, the test says it's at 0, but I know it's not QUITE at 0 because it's not white...

Or, perhaps the gradient just means 0 is "before" the gradient starts, ie. white, and then the gradient starts from 0< ?

Sounds like it's just fine. Do the water change and see what it tests at by Sunday. You should be ready for the first fish in a few days.

Cheers
Steve

Cool :)

Basically the test says its 0 but I know it's not quite - but then again, if I didn't have anything else to check it by, I'd be trusting it anyway.

I'll do the 25% change and test in a couple days :)

Back
Top Bottom