Coral Beauty - reef safe Y/N?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have seen some online fish stores say that it is reef safe... but on this site I have read in the profile that they can eat soft corals.
Could anyone share their experiences with this fish in reef tanks.
Thanks

Mine has not touched corals in the 4 years that I have had it. Now your results may be different. It seems like each individual dwarf angel has its own potental for being a coral nipper or not.

This goes along with the conflicting info that your finding. Basicly if you get one and have cortals be prepaired to have to get oen or the other out of the tank if need be but you may not have to do anything.

I decided I couldn't take the chance on the Coral Beauty or Flame Angel, although the temptation is high.

I have tried both coral beauties and a flame. Both both took a fancy to my corals.

I wouldn't do it man! I had a coral beauty that didn't touch any corals for a while and then one day he decided to have a snack. I was very dissapointed and will never take a chance like that again.

Some people get angels and they will be good for years then all of a sudden they go to nipping on soft corals. This is an experience I had with a keyhole I had. But think about this. Once you put them in the tank they are hard to get out. Sometimes traps dont work and you have to tear the tank apart. Good day

Mine hasnt started yet and doesnt show an interest in them yet.

Back
Top Bottom