Coral growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexrd09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to get some ZOO/s to spread over a rock but dont know how to address this situation. I was going to get the Kent producs but i have heard mixed feeling about this... what do i do?

I know... I'm sounding like a broken record... but water parameters are the first thing we'll always ask for.

How long have the zoanthids been in the tank? Seems like any coral needs a couple months before they really feel at home enough to start growing.

Oh... and although I haven't said it before - welcome to Aquarium Advice!

How long have the zoanthids been in the tank? Seems like any coral needs a couple months before they really feel at home enough to start growing.

I have to agree with this. I purchased a Hammer coral a few months ago and it is finally starting to grow.

Thanks... I am not able to get the levels now but i will post as soon as possible

Seems like a lot of your posts are asking the same thing, and we can't really offer advice until we get specific info on the following:

temperature?
pH?
salinity?
ammonia/nitrites (I assume 0.0)?
nitrates?
calcium?
alkalinity?
phosphate?
salt mix used?
RO/DI water or tap water used to mix salt?

Starting with numbers/answers for all those things, then it should point to answers like how often to do water changes, if you need to dose anything in the tank for optimum coral growth, etc.

Without knowing those things though, I'd say with a new tank you should be doing a minimum of 20% water changes every two weeks. Personally, 10% changes every week have worked fine for me, but I'm not as stocked as your tank is. If we're talking about your 120g... there's a fair amount of fish in there, so more frequent changes might be in order depending on your nitrate readings.

Thanks for the advice.. Sorry for not being so clear i am just getting used to using a forum.

Back
Top Bottom