Coral growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try red sea's new reef stuff you will not have to ask if your reef is growing. You will see it growing. Especially in the accelerated growth staged.

I just two sps corals in the tank on saturday, and was wondering how long would it take to see growth.

Giblin7 said:
I just two sps corals in the tank on saturday, and was wondering how long would it take to see growth.

Depends on what kind of sps, are you using ro/di, dosing the tank, etc etc. I can only give you my experience(I dose and use ro h2o), but I have some montipora and birdsnest right now and have seen significant growth in the two months I have had them. I was out of town since Sunday and came back lastnight and could tell that my birdsnest had grown. It depends though.

Caseyboy said:
Try red sea's new reef stuff you will not have to ask if your reef is growing. You will see it growing. Especially in the accelerated growth staged.

Where can I get red sea's new stuff

I looked on the web site and couldn't find it. Can you post a link to the right stuff that you used?

Caseyboy said:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/95755/product.web. .http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/95968/product.web.
First is the vitamins second is the foundation A. you will need B through D and each bottle comes with a little booklet and there awesome. They really helped me make an amazing reef. If you follow all the directions you will be amazed.

Can you post a pic of your tank? If you do regular water changes, all the things that you're dosing for will be replenished.

Not to the level you need for accelerated growth. It is very involved. And unstable. A lot of work but it's worth it. I'll try to find some before pics so you can see the before and after.

I've had some really excellent growth of my corals in a few short months and have never dosed anything. :)

As stated above, weekly water changes replenish any minerals and nutrients that have been used.

An excellent rule of thumb is to NEVER dose anything you aren't testing for. :-D

The only time dosing is necessary is if you are using a salt mix that doesnt have anything already added, like tropic marin reef crystals for example.

I respect everyone in this very fun hobby. Using good salt mix is very in portent. Just water changes is good. Like a cool car that works great. What I'm trying to talk about is something different. Like a hot rod that need something a little more intense, more work and time. I test once a week everything it's like I lab in my fish room. Tweaking is an understatement. Daily supplements for that window of optimal performance.

Giblin7 said:
I use ro water and dose with calcium and iodine.

Dose calcium since u can check it but never I mean never dose iodine.. maybe 10 years ago when quality salt mixes where hard to come buy but even the cheapest saltmixes contain trace amount that are required as long as do your pwc.. you can't check for iodine consentrations

Back
Top Bottom