Coral not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a problem with my new coral frags. My gsp aren't opening. Today was the first day and yes I know it takes a while. But my question is when I should be worried about the coral. And also I noticed my toadstool not really responding to the moderate to high flow. However the coral likes the no flow area of my tank. Is this weird or should i just let him adjust to the moderate flow? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wherever the coral likes is where you should keep it. I don't think leathers like high flow anyway. As far as the GSP, what are your current parameters? What other corals do you have in the tank, how long have you had them, and how are they doing? How old is the tank?

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
My test kit for calcium and stuff just expired...
Tank is about 2 years old
Other corals are doing fine though. Also had xenias die on me before

Today is the second day for the them. They still didnt open and i have to wait until four so i can on the lights. Also have candy cane coral. Zoas, torch and leather corals

"Calcium and stuff" are the things we need to know. Actually, alkalinity would be the test i would want to know the results of. If you are planning on keeping corals, I suggest having functional test kits on hand. At least alkalinity. Corals will open and live with low calcium levels as long as alk is stable, they just won't grow much.

I use to have the kit but then expired. I have to buy one later on when I have the time

Might have found the solution. Salinity was too high. I calibrated wrong so the salinity was wrong

Back
Top Bottom