Coralife 65 super skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moog24

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey just installed my skimmer and it's pushing out a ton of bubbles. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sincerely, moog

Skimmers take time to break in. When they are new, they still have oils on them from being manufactured. You can run it in a vinegar solution to help break it in faster if you want. If not, open the valves as far as you can and give it time. It'll take a couple weeks sometimes.

Oh, you mean into the display tank. You can try to turn it down? I use cheap panty hose to avoid bubbles in my display on all returns, but there has to be some sort of adjusting in your case. Hard to tell with only blues on and not being familiar with the unit.

Only reason I bought it was because it says low input bubbles and I figured for 200 bucks it would b worth it but not so far....

Sincerely, moog

It's ok I called coralife and they said it needs to settle in and the bubbles will subside in a week or so

Sincerely, moog

I had one of those skimmers when I had my 55 gallon and the micro bubbles never went away after a month. They are junk.

Back
Top Bottom