coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Went to this guys house today from a forum, he gave me some free frags! such a nice guy, but anyways i was asking him about how he got his coraline algae to grow all over the place. So i asked him for a piece of his rock. He told me to shatter it into a lot of piece and spread it all over my rocks...think this would work? waht i did so far was run the rock on other rocks to try to get some of the algae off...any suggestions?

that works...or turn off all your powerheads and take a razor and scrape that rock and let it fall like snow everywhere and let it take hold for a lil bit

That should work but you also need to have you tank balanced to help it grow. Calcium and alkalknity are important to coraline growth. Do you use any additives?

ok gonna imma go ahead and shatter that rock then thanks guys

you dont have to shatter it...if its a decent rock just scuff up the coraline on top and let it fall on other rocks...then let that one rebuild or you can use it for aquascaping....unless its a small piece i would use it multiple times or for mulitple uses.

Back
Top Bottom