Coralline algae and Jar reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And what about xenias are they safe to touch with my bare hands and if I cut them while fraging will they release anything? I've watched people on YouTube frag them with scissors and then tie them to a plug with fishing line and they don't wear gloves at all.

NatureFish
????

No you don't I have all corals for softies to SPS and I've never wore gloves.

A single clown fish is generally accepted for a 10g tank. Other than that small gobies or other perching fish would work well. A skunk cleaner shrimp would be great.

Oh my gosh a clown fish? That would be awesome!!!! How do take care of the animals you mentioned?

NatureFish
????

Haha that's what I just did when my phone said you replied!

NatureFish
????

Skunk cleaners are my favorite shrimp even though I've never had one. They don't seem to live very long according to google. Ok you guys are going to laugh at me but here it goes... It says they desperately want to clean other fish and I think it's so cute that they set up a spot to clean the other fish and they are just like little sales reps! If I just had a cleaner shrimp and no fish I feel like I would crush its little dreams of cleaning fish! It's their hobby and career! Lol!

NatureFish
????

They really only clean bigger fish. I've never had one try to clean any of my fish which are all smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They really only clean bigger fish. I've never had one try to clean any of my fish which are all smaller

+1. Mine only try and clean my hands when I'm working in the tank. Oh and try to climb in to the turkey baster during feeding time.

+1. Mine only try and clean my hands when I'm working in the tank. Oh and try to climb in to the turkey baster during feeding time.

That's adorable! I always thought shrimp were gross but now I think they are actually very nice creatures.

NatureFish
????

By the way they officially said yes to the whole coral thing! I told them it would be better if I got the fish after I mastered coral they said that was a good plan.

NatureFish
????

Softies like you'll be keeping are pretty easy. However small nano fish are quite easy to keep happy too and their upkeep is a bit easier than coral IMO.

Softies like you'll be keeping are pretty easy. However small nano fish are quite easy to keep happy too and their upkeep is a bit easier than coral IMO.

Ok well I will be adding money to the budget for fish. So I'll have to get some extra money for the filter since the fish will need that and then some for the actual fish. That shouldn't be a problem though.

NatureFish
????

Actually, its better to do it the other way around. Theres more room for error with fish and putting fish in for at least a few weeks before adding coral will help prevent loss.

Will an air stone work? It's not very powerful so I'm just going to answer my own question and say no.

NatureFish
????

I'm just going to get a power head. Can you recommend a specific brand and model for my tank?

NatureFish
????

Can you recommend a specific power head brand and model

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom