corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone any one can suggest what good book out there today on corals. I'm thinking on both sps lps or just do only one type coral. I hear that mushroom corals are easy to care for, what about button polyps, so any great books thanks

Why books? Just read articles online. There are some great ones. And they're free. Seriously google is your friend.

Books are good to have for information. And are useful too, that why ask what books are out there on corals. So any one knows what books I can buy

Hi, any one cane tell me if you can do both types of coral. I want to get a good lighting , I'm planning on Sps and lps coral. Any advice or opinions

Yeah you can do both :) just put high light coral up top. And low light down low or in shadows.

You can't really ask "can I have lps and sps" without giving any tank specs like lighting and parameters. Sps needs high light and great params.

I ask cause I'm new to corals. I'm planning a 150 gallon tank. Short and long tank. And what do u mean by parameters, I ask you all so I can choose witch corals to go with.

Can you please use proper English so we can understand what your saying? What is a short long tank?

So what should I be asking if I'm new to corals. I know a little about mushroom corals, button polyps, I ask you all for your advice opinions so I can plan right on reef tank.

Reefs are simple. It is all lighting and flow. I prefer a pristine water for mine, as I enjoy sps corals more. So I run an oversized protein skimmer since I have to feed more often. But basically, depends on what it is you want to keep. Look around and research. Find what you like and you can figure it out from there.

Thank you I'm planning what kind of corals I want to have. It's a slow planning, but please everyone baer with me I'm new to this hobby. Anyone who has preference of corals they like to keep, give some ideas thanks

Torch, frogspawn, hammer. Great lps and aren't too hard at all. Here's my torch.

Attachments

• image-3371855841.jpg
    image-3371855841.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 72
Thanks crister13 for list of corals. I'll look into corals you listed so I can decide what type I want.

Question I have today mushroom coral a button polyps what type of corals are they? Also I'm planning on anemone are there any easy ones

Those are soft corals. In terms of an anemone, they require high light like sps and clams. I wouldn't even consider putting one into a system until it has been running for 6 months to a year.

Back
Top Bottom