couple questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
1. I am thinking about purchasing a powercompact with moonlites(thanks darin) and right now i just have the standard flor lighting with a glass cover on the tank. If i get the pc lights should i remove the glass cover and just leave it open??

2. can anyone rec a good lighting schedule for the tank..no corals yet but soon!

Btw it is true that the copperband will devour aiptasia quickly!

Thanks

Tony

imo and in my reef tank no cover over tank but left the cover on my jbj light strip its plastic untill i lift it a few inches wouldnt buy the moon light cost way to much easly made for less !!
from what ive heard yes they eat them how fast ??? guess it depends on the health of the animal !!

you dont want to remove the cover of any lights or else you run the risk of salt creep or just running your wet hand over it and its not a good thing. You want your lights to be covered by acrylic or clear plexiglass. You dont want a cover over the tank, imo. It limits the exchange of c02 and other exchanges that you need to be out of your tank. I run my tank with an open top and the lights are covered with clear plexiglass. Its a CSL Smartlite

1. If your tank is doing good with the glass top on it I would leave it. Otherwise you may have fish go carpet surfing.

2. I run my lights 10 hrs a day.

3. Copperband butterflies will devour aiptasia quickly, they can also devour coral quickly. If you are going with a reef tank I recommend peppermint shrimp to eat them.

FWIW those customsealife hoods with the built in moonlights really arent all that high....

Back
Top Bottom