CSS Super Skimmer..Please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I can't believe how big all this was when I put it in my tank. I am on day 1 and I think I have already wasted money.

This 65 gal. skimmer is so big in my 30 gal between the pump and the bubble difuser. Is there a trick to this?

Not to mention that that I dont like the way the pump connects to the hose. I feel like it is going to fall out.

Do I really need this huge diffuser box in the tank with the pump?

Thanks

I bought the same skimmer for my 46gal FOWLR. As soon as I put it together I knew that it would take so much away from my tank (aesthetically) that I couldn't use it. I packed it up carefully and returned it.

There are several skimmers that appear to be much less intrusive on the tank appearance. I'll let someone else make recommendations on this.

I decided to buy a wet/dry and put everything down below. Skimmer, heaters & probes are all out of sight. It also increased my total volume of water by a few gallons. If I had it to do again the only thing I would do differently would be to use a larger wet/dry or a large sump.

Back
Top Bottom