Curing Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmperorFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey peeps, i been researching for the last 3 months and still researching... I'll be setup a curing live rock tank in the basement no life what's so ever and want to do the curing ahead. I'll just be curing and once done, transfer the live rock to the establish aquarium. My questions is should I use filtration curing processes? Pretty much just jumping starting the processes and create life in the rocks for a couple of months. let me know any suggestion and advice :)

awesome i have a power head and heater...i guess I'll be setting it up soon... I'll be doing testing as well just to get the hang of it... Getting these test kit...

- Redsea Ca/KH/MG, Nitrate, Algae test kit
-Hanna checker Phosphate/Nitrite

I have list of everything I need and more on my iPhone notes lol...I'll be doing a fluval edge display reef tank nothing but corals and works ...after that I'll be doing a 29 nano bio cube in the a few months once I establish these fluval first... I'm just excited and been studying my butt off :D

No filtration needed however you should still be doing water changes weekly will it cures. Or biweekly, whatever your choice is.

alright no problem I'll be taking a note of that ... and I'll be keeping it away from sun light as well ... so algae won't be introduced in the curing tank .... I'll be also setting RO/ID in the basement as well ... thank you for you advice peeps

Back
Top Bottom