Curing LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up 60lbs of mixed tonga and figi yesterday, I wanted to wait till I got my tank to let it cure in, but at a limited time $2 a pound offer I couldnt wait :)
I have them in 2 styrofoam boxes, one with 2 powerheads, the other with 1 powerhead and an air wand. I mixed up a salt mix last night at about sg 021-22 at about 80F, I just used regular tap water. I put some acintics over them as well. So, did I do ok?
Now, when will I change the water? And should I move the rocks around so they all get exposed to light and the powerheads?

Attachments

• liverock_135.jpg
    liverock_135.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 48
  • liverock2_519.jpg
    liverock2_519.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
Styrofoam will begin to slowly leek believe it or not. May want to change it to something else next water change

anyone???

Also, there is some seaweed still on the rock, should I try to take that off now, or let it die off. But will it die with lighting over it?

Oh, and if I put "regular" lighting on it, will that cause nuisance algae? I just 110 watts of acintics over them right now. In only 2 days, I can start to see little pink patches. pretty cool :) I read, I think on this site that acintics were best to encourage coraline growth, just making sure.

Back
Top Bottom