Custom Sealife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a Custom Selaife Power compact with the moon light in it. It is 2X96 and it is on a 96 gallon tank. I really like the light. Had to go for that and not halide b/c can't afford halide. Anyways the guy there said it is a pretty good light and i should be able to keep alot of coral with it. Is this true. I also have a 96 wat smartlite also. Should i use it too?

The CSL moonlight fixture is very well made and CSL is the leader in PC technology so the light should give you hassle free operation for many years . You will be able to keep a wide variety of coral under the light but tou are limited. I would stay away from SPS and clams. You can pretty much keep any softy except for maybe a yellow leather and almost all of the LPS. If you have the room i would run both lights. You already have it might as well use it! Those moonlights really look awesome at night don't they?

Thanks,

Darin

www.captivereefs.com

THe moonlights are very cool. The directions say you should have no problems doing clams and tony's but i don't think i want to trust that.

Shuold i rem ove the glass hood that i have on the tank or leave it on? I heard taht sometime the glass can actually lower the light that gets into thte tank. So leave it on or take it off?

I would take off your glass top, in doing that, put your lights about 6 in above tank.
I have been using custom sealife for a long time, they are trouble free. Great choice in lighting .

That is the exact one. 2 96 watt lights with a moonlight witch is very cool. I really like that lite and i think my corals will too. Your comments.... Is this a pretty good light for 200 bucks?

I really don't know....I just started looking at them myself about a week ago

Back
Top Bottom