Cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Who wants to help me battle cyano? Idk what to do, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Increased wc's with ro/di water and reduced feeding and lighting. Also having proper flow so detritus doesn't settle. That being said really need info about your set up to help you specifically

I use ro/di and feed every 3rd day, full lights are on for 8 hrs

Flow? Maintenance schedule/routine? And have you tested the tds of your ro? You have excess nutrients from somewhere.
Edit: params?

What type of substrate do you have and what do you feed/how often.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sand bed, i feed once every 3 days with mysis, had it checked sad all perameters are perf, phos was .04 and calc was over 500 thats it, would there be any chance that its coming from my fuge? Cause my fuges light is old havent replaced it and the fuge looks really nasty

Sand bed, i feed once every 3 days with mysis, had it checked sad all perameters are perf, phos was .04 and calc was over 500 thats it, would there be any chance that its coming from my fuge? Cause my fuges light is old havent replaced it and the fuge looks really nasty

Cyano comes from one thing, poor water quality. Though you are testing 0 nitrates and phosphates, the cyano is consuming it. I have a patch in my tank and test out at 0 as well.
Try cutting back on the amount of food you are feeding as well, only enough for the fish to eat in a short amount of time. I'm cutting cubes of mysis in half to help with my water quality.
Have you tried adjusting the flow or adding another powerhead to aid with the issue?

Back
Top Bottom