Cycle stuck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwwill0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If have been cycling for a week now. I added ammonia on the first day, and within 24 hours got a spike up to 4ppm. I have been stuck at 4ppm since then, with now change in anything, nitrites=0, nitrates=0.

I have a 55g with 50lbs of sand(20lbs LS), and about 55-60 lbs of LR. The LR was from a LFS that was selling out of SW stuff. It came directly from several old established tanks.

Is this ok? I am guessing that as long as I have an ammonia concentration, I don't need to add any more. Is this correct? I am ok with it taking a while as long as I know I haven't screwed something up. Do I just wait it out now?

Thanks

umm.. if you read anything about an ammonia subsitute for live stock to cycle the tank.. i think it was 1 drop per ten gallon.. the live rock alone should have helped you with the cylce if it was uncured... if it all came from an established tank it should have had bacteria in it already and should have boosted you're cylce a little and cut it short just a couple of weeks or so... be patient.. i transferred my sand and rocks from my established 55g into a 95g aquarium and it took me more than two weeks to complete the cycle.. one week is a little too early unless you're lucky... just keep waiting

Back
Top Bottom