Daily Water Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettWalker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like to do a small water change in my 55gal tank daily. What do you think would be a good amount? I hate the larger changes. I do much better with a daily routine. :D

If I were to do daily water changes (I prefer larger changes less frequently) on a 55g, that I had dosed with copper, I would do 1-2 gallons per day. Probably 2gpd, that would "theoretically" change more than 100% of thw water per month.

Some where in the net I saw some huge mathmatic formula for calculating the volume of water acutally changed after a period of time thru smaller waterchanges.

I really wish I had written it down or saved it.

When doing a daily water change or acutally when doing any water change you should always start by having the tank full. If you dont replace evaporation and draw out water from the tank and then top the tank off with fresh saltwater there is the chance for a slowly increase in SG from adding more saltwater than was removed.

If your like me I dont measure the water removed or added. I just drain into a 5 gal bucket till its about 2-3" from the top. then I fill the tank back up with water from another 5 gal bucket that is about as full as the one I drained into.

Back
Top Bottom