Day 2 of cycle with one raw shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since you have "cured" LR then you will need to keep the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels with a low range just as if there were fish in there. The LR has beneficial bactreria on it so the cycle will go alot faster than a regular fishless cycle. Keep testing and doing pwc till the cycle is complete.

Good Luck,
Brian

Now that I see your LR I say you might have to do some PWC because it looks like you have corals on yours. Most LR does not have what you have on yours. I cant tell too much because the pics are too blurry but you do have coral life it looks like. You`ve got some excellent rock there. Not like what I`ve seen before.

melosu58 said:
Now that I see your LR I say you might have to do some PWC because it looks like you have corals on yours. Most LR does not have what you have on yours. I cant tell too much because the pics are too blurry but you do have coral life it looks like. You`ve got some excellent rock there. Not like what I`ve seen before.

Thanks--

The rock comes from Tampa Bay Saltwater's rock farm out in the Gulf of Mexico.

Best I've ever seen.

Gonna do another change tonight--need an RO unit. This buying distilled water is getting costly...

I agree. IF you have corals that you want to keep growign then you need to watch your levels and do some PWC to keep things in check. This is a big reason I am against the whole shrimp in the tank to cycle a tank faster idea.

You shoudl have waited to see what your rock looked like before addign a shrimp.

So do some WC and get thigns in a livable range.

jasno999 said:
I agree. IF you have corals that you want to keep growign then you need to watch your levels and do some PWC to keep things in check. This is a big reason I am against the whole shrimp in the tank to cycle a tank faster idea.

You shoudl have waited to see what your rock looked like before addign a shrimp.

So do some WC and get thigns in a livable range.

Thanks--

I have been cooking saltwater [in my Florida room] for 2 days with bubbles going for a 25-30% change. The temperature is 4 degrees lower than the tank though. Can I use it, or do I have to go out and buy another thermometer?

I have been cooking saltwater [in my Florida room] for 2 days with bubbles going for a 25-30% change. The temperature is 4 degrees lower than the tank though. Can I use it, or do I have to go out and buy another thermometer?

What does that mean? I am confused.

jasno999 said:

What does that mean? I am confused.

I have saltwater ready for a 25-30% water change, but it's cooler than the water already in the tank. Does it have to be the exact temperature?

Back
Top Bottom