Day 4 of cycling. Parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
K so here are my parameters on te fourth day of cycling. This is the first day I test:

Ph-8.0
Ammonia-2.0-2.5ppm
Nitrite-little over 5ppm( this is the highest that my test card goes to. Dont nitrites get higher?)
Nitrate-20ppm

Does everything seem fine for the day of the cycle I'm in. I put a raw shrimp in on Sunday(day 2). And what could I do to raise my ph a little.
Haven't gotten my refracto yet, so that's why no sg

Doesn't it seem like it's going kind of fast considering that I already have nitrates? Not that that's a bad thing lol

Antec said:
Doesn't it seem like it's going kind of fast considering that I already have nitrates? Not that that's a bad thing lol

Well are you using tap?

If so that could explain the nitrates. As for fast yes it sounds fast but it depends on your live rock and how established it is. If you got premium cured live rock without much die off then the cycle can be very quick.

No, I just used about 1/4 of a gallon of distilled( and te majority of the 1/4 was put in after the test) because I haven't been able to get ro yet. I have about 100lb of live rock, I have a 90g, I got from an lfs( who is a friend) that had a bunch of corraline on it so It seemed to be established.

Back
Top Bottom