Dead fire fish!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new 14g bio cube ,
I cycled it with a mix of ocean water and about 2 gallons from my healthy 55g fish only. I had a damsel in there for about a week and I took him out the same time I put my firefish in. I woke up the next morning and he was dead, I tested te water and it was nearly perfect but there was a few nitrates. Now I worried to put anything in there now besides a damsel.

I do have 20 lbs of live sand and 9 pounds of live rock.

I wouldn't put any more fish in it and test the water every day or at least every other day for a week or so. You might have a minicycle coming.

Water dose not hold colonies of bacteria. You tank probably is not cycled and you are having spikes in ammonia and nitrite which is most likely the reason your fish died.

Well I have been testing it for about a week and there the water was perfect, could these mini cycles keep coming? How will I know when the tank is done, and should I put the damsel back in?

Well I have been testing it for about a week and there the water was perfect, could these mini cycles keep coming? How will I know when the tank is done, and should I put the damsel back in?

Its probably die off from the live rock. I wouldn't put the damsel back in. The mini cycles will end soon maybe another week.

Back
Top Bottom