Diamond goby having trouble eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I try to spot feed my diamond goby with flake food and he is interested in them and takes a bite but then it gets sifted out through his gills where the sand usually does. He ten tries again and again to eat it but it eventually gets eaten by my clowns. Is this normal behavior? What should I feed him?

Normal my doesn't eat with my fish either. It's a sand sifter and that's how it gets it's food. I've tried every type of food and he just doesn't eat it. Just sift the sand

Stop trying to feed it flake food. It isn't dense enough for the the goby to eat and will just get sifted out like sand. Give it something bigger like mysis or brine shrimp.

It's obviously interested in eating other than what it sifts out of the sand.

Mine eats flakes plus whatever else I put in.

Well which is it? You contradict your earlier statement. Either your fish eats or it doesn't.

To the OP. Your fish is interested but not in the flake. So try feeding something else like frozen brine as I've suggested.

I tried feeding my self made fish food but to no avail sometimes he ate a small piece or two he died earlier this week

Back
Top Bottom