Diamond Goby Jumping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshuA c

Aquarium Advice Freak
At night, my new diamond goby spazzes out and repeatedly tries to jump out of the tank. After a few tries, he goes back down to the bottom of the tank and rests for a little while. Don't they normally stay in their burrows at night? Is something wrong? I only have one other fish with him and it's a tomato clownfish that hasn't gone anywhere near him. He spent the whole day inside his burrow, and at night came out. Any help?

Mine hides at night, they are known to be jumpers. Every fish has its own personality i think more with saltwater fish then freshwater. Check your ph at night see howfar its droping other then that id say ur okak

Yeah now mine hides in his many burrows at night and is always puffing sand all day

Diamond Gobies generally get "Jumpy" when stressed. Eventually your goby will find a good place to burrow at night and clean sand during the day.

Yeah it was only the first night and that was when he had a really small half built burrow

Back
Top Bottom