diary of a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodoubt471

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all

i am setting up a 10g nano-reef (this is my first foray into the coral it could get interesting), and was thinking about documenting the process here, online. what do you guys think, would anybody be interested? i thought it might be nice for other aquarists to be able to learn from my mistakes... :p

anyway, so far i have these plans:

10g AGA
Current USA Orbit 2x40w PC+ lunar LED
ZooMed 212 rotating PH
AC Surface Skimmer (works with the AC filters)

modified refugium:
AC 500 with custom built in baffle to decrease turbulence, then adding LS from an established tank for pod culture and stuffing it full of macro. this would also house the 50w visitherm delux heater, and possibly a DIY teeny tiny protein skimmer along the lines of the red sea berlin airlift... but that will come later.

15-20 lbs LR
15-20 lbs LS (around 2 in sand bed)

im not really sure exactically what livestock i want to have in the tank. corals will be softies, possibly star polyps, xenia, mushrooms, zoos...

Cleanup Crew:
banded coral shrimp
3 dwarf zebra hermits (algae eaters)
6 turbo snails

all i have so far is the tank, ive been shopping around trying to find the best prices. so what does everybody think? good idea? im very excited!

Sounds like a great idea to me.. this site could probably do with some more nano-oriented topics.

sounds awsome...i would really like to have a nano packed with corals and a fish or 2....i think they are so beautiful (nanos)

It is a good idea and nice to see you have done your homework and talking about it before going ahead. We are doing almost the same thing so should be neat to see how they turn out.

I have been messing with the AC300 I got, it is a bit smaller than I expect, I should have gone with the AC500. I might have to move the 300 onto my 26g tank, and get a 500 for the fuge on my 10g :p

yea i had the same problem- i didnt want that huge thing hanging off the back, but when i compared the size of the 300 it was just too small!

i do also agree that this site could use some nano discussion... and its not like im starting a reef in a teacup, this is doable and useful!

thanks for all the encouragement guys... ill keep you posted!

Back
Top Bottom