Dilemma chipped joint in 65 gallon tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lanalive

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I'm new here, thanks for the welcom. I'm in a real dilemma here , i recently purchased a 65 gallon tank on graigslist , the aquarium was full at the guys place no leaks I didn't notice any cracks or anything major. So not until I get home I notice this chip in the bottom exterior joint not quite in the corner. I looked closely and noticed its been touched up with silicone... So I called the guy he said he never noticed and that he was the second owner and there's no need to worry cuz it's been fine for a year at his place...
Please let me know what you think.
Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 83
Hi there, posted a pic it's also a curved tank at front, Im Just concerned cuz the crack is at the bottom of the tank, isn't that the area where there's the most pressure? ... People I've spoken to think there's need to worry.... But I'm just freaked out, knowing the tank is weaker . Thank you for your intrest.
Good night
Ps:Sorry about my English, I'm from Quebec Canada .
French speaking province....

Sounds suspicious to me. The guy never noticed it? Maybe you could secure it with epoxy. Epoxy is strong stuff. Silicone might be a little weak.

Back
Top Bottom