dissapearing gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keelah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone. i have been stalking this site for a while and this is my very first post! i posted to this section because i am new to the hobby & it could potentially be a real newbie question, so here goes.
i just added 2 new scissortail gobys (gobies?) to my 20g tank. there is only one small clownfish in it currently, & the tank has been running for about 2 months w fish.
i introduced them and then left them alone for a few hours. when i came back to see how they were, they were nowhere to be found! i needed to manually remove some uneaten food anyway, so i went in to clean hoping i would find them in the process. i lifted/looked under everthing in the tank & never found them!
now i know that they like to burrow but i would have thought that with me shifting the sand around to clean it they would have been discovered? where could they be???

they could be hiding in the rocks or burrowed in the sand. they are also a dartfish which are known as jumpers so if you don't have a cover then i'd check the floor

Back
Top Bottom