Do Shrimp/seahorse in FOWLR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just sussing out this saltwater thing, since I couldn't get anything I liked for a brackish tank.
I love blennies and/or gobies, and shrimp and seahorses. Can I keep those in a FOWLR setup or do they need a reef setup? (Hoping not, as that would be WAY beyond my abilities at present)
Also, could I keep them together in a 30gal or would I need a separate tank for seahorses?
Totally starting from scratch here, as I've only kept freshwater fish.

I'm just sussing out this saltwater thing, since I couldn't get anything I liked for a brackish tank.
I love blennies and/or gobies, and shrimp and seahorses. Can I keep those in a FOWLR setup or do they need a reef setup? (Hoping not, as that would be WAY beyond my abilities at present)
Also, could I keep them together in a 30gal or would I need a separate tank for seahorses?
Totally starting from scratch here, as I've only kept freshwater fish.

Sea horse are a species only tank since there harder to feed. Gobies, blennys, an shrimp can be in a fowlr an I think the min would be. A 10 g for some species

Sea horse are a species only tank since there harder to feed. Gobies, blennys, an shrimp can be in a fowlr an I think the min would be. A 10 g for some species

Okay, I'm happy to start with inverts and a blenny- are gobies compatible with blennies? Or is it like plecos in fw tanks where some dont like to be with others of a similar kind?

Okay, I'm happy to start with inverts and a blenny- are gobies compatible with blennies? Or is it like plecos in fw tanks where some dont like to be with others of a similar kind?

There fine, haha, I recommend they tail spot blenny an a firefish goby.

Back
Top Bottom