Drain plumbing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
I'm not sure how much I have pushing thru, its a 950gph pump and I have about 4ft to the top of the tank with a few elbows.. id say 750-800gph

Im pushing about 900gph threw but i have a 150g display with 65g sump and my skimmer is rated for 600g so it can still work efficiently at this high rate

danbstrong said:
Im pushing about 900gph threw but i have a 150g display with 65g sump and my skimmer is rated for 600g so it can still work efficiently at this high rate

Basic rule of thumb is you want less water going thru sump than what your skimmer is ratedfor

Yea ill have a gate valve on the return line and one on the drain but the drain one is more than likely gonna be fully open always. I'm gonna have the sock with the draw strings since my sump is too shallow for the sock bracket they sell and my skimmer is external and it's gonna get fed water from the first stage right where the water drops down by a mag 5 and then the water from the skimmer is gonna be dumped in the refugium stage

Back
Top Bottom