Dried Corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bntv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, this is ben Im relatively new to this site. Anyways, this lady on craigslist was giving away some free stuff. And i brung home some dried corals! Is there a way I can revive these corals? they were in a bin with some sand. The one im holding is still kind of soft. Can i revie any of these or should i just toss it?

Attachments

• coralsamll.jpg
    coralsamll.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 73
  • coral333.jpg
    coral333.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 70
They are gone. That is their skeleton. Make cool decorations if you wanted. Make sure to clean first.

They are gone. That is their skeleton. Make cool decorations if you wanted. Make sure to clean first.

Wouldnt that affect water parameters? Ammonia and such? By the way the huge piece on the upper right corner seems to be live rock (Im new so i dont really know), would it still be good?

You would need to bleach them. Bleaching them until just their pure skeleton is left, will not cause ammonia spikes or anything.

The live rock would still be good to use yes. But it's probably not live anymore.. If you don't want it to cause a spike in your tank, i would suggest bleaching that as well, to kill off any bacteria or decaying organics.

You would need to bleach them. Bleaching them until just their pure skeleton is left, will not cause ammonia spikes or anything.

The live rock would still be good to use yes. But it's probably not live anymore.. If you don't want it to cause a spike in your tank, i would suggest bleaching that as well, to kill off any bacteria or decaying organics.

how much bleach should i mix? and how long should i leave it in the bucket?

bleach it with a 10:1 solution, then rinse it very good and soak it in a bucket with lots of dechlor in it... then let it sit for a few days before adding.

-mfdrookie

Thanks mfd. :D

bleach it with a 10:1 solution, then rinse it very good and soak it in a bucket with lots of dechlor in it... then let it sit for a few days before adding.

-mfdrookie

Thanks mfd. :D

Awesome, thank so much! geuss ill just bleach all of them and use it for my new tank.

Back
Top Bottom