Dual t5 HO for corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nijoe1221

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I just gave my girlfriend my old 20 long aquarium and a dual bulb t5 ho fixture. She claims to not really want to add corals but we all know how that goes lol. 2 months and that will change lol.

Anyways my question is...

What can I keep under just 2 bulbs? Obviously no anemones, clams, sps. But what about zoas, mushrooms, GSP, Xenia, or some lps?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi everyone,

I just gave my girlfriend my old 20 long aquarium and a dual bulb t5 ho fixture. She claims to not really want to add corals but we all know how that goes lol. 2 months and that will change lol.

Anyways my question is...

What can I keep under just 2 bulbs? Obviously no anemones, clams, sps. But what about zoas, mushrooms, GSP, Xenia, or some lps?

Yes to all of those as long as it's a quality fixture with fresh bulbs. What brand is it?

It's a coralife brand. Bulbs are 6-7 months old so I'll be getting new ones soon. Is this brand ok?

I had a coralife over my 20g as well. They are pretty crappy fixtures tbh. I would say the softies are okay but some LPS are definitely out.

Ok that's what I figured. That's for the input!

Back
Top Bottom