Dwarf lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not an expert in lions(never owned one),,but it seems to be the most suggested size,,,Why,what do you have planned?

I have a 25 gallon that's about to be empty and I've always wanted one and it would just be him in it.. I know the regular lion fish needs bigger than the dwarf.. I was just trying get people's opinion about a size :)

Just looked on liveaquaria.com and the only lion fish for a 30g is a fu Manchu lion fish ... All others are from 50g to 120g depending which one you get :-(

I had a dwarf lion and I think u could do 25 w/ a good filtration system, they don't move alot and at night they move silently. I think it can be done with caution.

Well the dwarf ones do not get very big and u will have to be very cautious on what fish are compatible with it. With the fish brings in alot of extra work bringing him live food etc. But it can be done with that tank size IMO.

If you get it, I wouldn't put anything else with it. Their bodies don't get huge, but they get "fluffy" with all their fins. Plus fu Manchu lion fish are hard to feed. Read they are one of the hardest to keep. Lion fish are a challenge... Very hard to take care of.

I would only put him in there nothing else that's y I wanted to know if a dwarf lion would work in a 25 g.. I don't really like the fu manchu lion

J19Reynolds said:
I would only put him in there nothing else that's y I wanted to know if a dwarf lion would work in a 25 g.. I don't really like the fu manchu lion

Then I would suggest a bigger tank. I have a 60 I'm trying to get rid of, but I'm in Colorado.

Back
Top Bottom