Easy corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some regular lighting nothing fancy what do ever and have kept zoas before in there very successfully but got rid of them and was wondering if there was any forms of coral or anything like that that will grow under regular lighting if anything I am a experienced veteran in freshwater but a fish out off water in salt so any help.is appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of lighting do you have exactly? That will help us find corals for you. What does your tank set up look like? Size, filtration, flow? Corals need more than just light to survive...

Its just a power glow and a sixty tall tank with medium flow

I'm barely starting off so I can increase flow if necessary

It is t8

My reason for asking if possible is because i use it on my planted tank very successfully so I thought maybe I can do the easiest of corals

Not much is gonna live under a single T8 bulb on a 60 tall. You could give mushrooms, star polyps, Kenya tree, maybe even Xenia a try. Just beware Kenya tree can take over a tank

Gg

Attachments

• 1402239596974.jpg
    1402239596974.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 1402239615146.jpg
    1402239615146.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 123
If there is none possible it's fine

Not much is gonna live under a single T8 bulb on a 60 tall. You could give mushrooms, star polyps, Kenya tree, maybe even Xenia a try. Just beware Kenya tree can take over a tank

Okay I think I'm gonna try a mushroom there going to be placed high up towards the surface so they should be alright I'm going to upgrade my lighting further down the road

Why not upgrade the lighting before trying corals. A single t8 will barely grow plants, and I highly doubt it will support coral. They also won't look very good under a white plant light. Just my $.02

Just me, but I'd get either a Hydra 52 or photon, and be able to add whatever catches your fancy later down the road

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Money is a bit tight right now how much do you think a good light that will grow anemones would cost me I have a 60 gallon tall

This is a new set up, correct?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No it's pretty old about 4 months

4 months is not old lol anything under a year is considered new
you can find some nice light setups on craigs list fairly cheap

What are the tanks dimensions? The Tao panels are pretty much the best bang for the buck out there right now.

We're can I get some tao panels and what.kind of corals can they support?

Back
Top Bottom