Eheim 2213 Canister Filter Leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sneaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
My canister filter is about 3 months old and started to leak the other day, I cleaned it about 2 weeks ago and it was fine, all of a sudden I came home to wet carpet.

It seems like it is not sealing right, can the o-ring go bad in 3 months, do you think I just need to get a new o-ring?

Had the same problem with the 2226 but it was a few years old. replaced the gasket and it is fine now, local fish store charged me 20 bucks for gasket , pretty pricey for a large rubber band, but u have no choice. scarey to think that a canister can empty your tank out on the floor right.?

I would just check to make sure you installed the O ring properly and closed all the snaps before buying a new O ring.

Brian

Bought a new o-ring and swapped it out, same issue... talked to the LFS and we concluded on the phone that the top seal on the Eheim is no longer sealed... I have to bring in the top of the filter to see what we can do.

The filter is only 3 months old so I am sure it's under warrenty, I would like to get this resolved ASAP, my fish need filtration.

Back
Top Bottom