emerald crab? will they pick at soft corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up an emerald crab from my LFS because they told me they eat algae by sifting through the sand. Well low and behold he seemed to prefer my red dragon and green feather algae. I thought it was just acclimating to my tank and regrowing but today I actually saw the little jerk eating the last of my green feather like a twizzler.

Im debating on just dumping him back there since I did want some macro in my tank, especially some of the cool branchy and red stuff but Im also wondering if he will pick at my softer corals like my xenia. Anyone have any info on this? If he will then Im def getting rid of him (if I can catch him). I am perplexed because he def eats. I actually have been giving him a chip of algae wafer every day or 2 and man does he munch it. He will pretty much come right to the front of the tank when hes wanting one and take it right from my tweezers. Guess crabs are just gluttonous jerks.

I have never had issues with them. I thought one time they were but they were picking some algae off the corals.

Back
Top Bottom