Enough liverock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammerhead911

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 65 gal FOWLR, wet/dry, with protein skimmer. I put 55 lbs of base rock in yesterday, along with 5 inches of sand. The sand covered up about 2/3 of the base rock. Will the covered up base rock still do it's intended job? I had planned on getting about 50 lbs of live rock in two more days. That should be enough right?

Sounds good to me. Overtime, the LR will seed the base rock and you will be in business.

Thanks lando. It seems whatever kind of question I put up, you always seem to be the first one to reply. :D Since I've got your attention, should I run my skimmer while the tank is cycling (with two dead shrimp)?

No need to run the skimmer for the first part of the cycle as there is nothing for it to skim. It will not hurt anything to do it. YOu can start it three weeks into the cycle.

you may want to use some 2" pvc pipe couplings (stood up on end) to raise your rock out of the sand. i use several of these to support each of the bottom rocks in my aquascaping.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom