Equipment advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 29 gallon,

should I get ...

1 - Maxi jet 1200 PH
... or 2 600's

1 - 150 watt heater
... or a 100 and a 50

also are the Marineland submersable heaters good?

Thanks!

2 of each ...... :?:

2-1200's or 2-600's

2-100watt or 2-50watt

I do understand that if you have 2, one goes out you still have one running! and what about these Marineland Submersables, are they good or what is another brand I should be looking at? I also live in FL, so is it still advisable to have heaters? I would imagine because I like to keep my house nice and cool! :lol:

Jermz79 said:
2 of each ...... :?:

2-1200's or 2-600's
In a 29 gal, I would suggest 2x MJ 900's. This will give you about 15x/hr water movement. If your tank will be primarily SPS, then consider 2x MJ 1200's.

2-100watt or 2-50watt

I do understand that if you have 2, one goes out you still have one running! and what about these Marineland Submersables, are they good or what is another brand I should be looking at? I also live in FL, so is it still advisable to have heaters? I would imagine because I like to keep my house nice and cool! :lol:
At least one 100 w. If you had a sump, two would be good.

Cheers
Steve

and what about these Marineland Submersables, are they good or what is another brand I should be looking at?
I have 2-150 watt visa-therm with a 50 gal. tank...im just starting too so I havent tried the heaters, but they seem pretty reliable :lol:

Awesome. :D

I'm going to go with 2-900 PH, and a 100watt heater ... the only reason I'm thinking 1 heater is because of tank space! With about 60lbs of LR, a 4" DSB, PH's, Heater, HOB filter ... I'm going to be real crowded with equipment!

Thanks again everyone!!!!! :wink:

maybe you can look into a sump...i duno how useful it would be...seeing how you have a small tank but you should ask around about sumps if your worried about tank space....just a suggestion :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom