Eshopps PS psk-75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogeymc6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi y'all I have a Eshopps protein skimmer 75 in the sump Model! I'm not sure if my water level is right! I just put it in yesterday but I don't have any protein! Also my tank is in its cycle stage 2 1/2 weeks! Thanks View attachment 283653View attachment 283654

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Rather new to this but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

From what I have found protein skimmers can actually have a break-in period and could take some time to start producing foam in the cup

Rather new to this but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

From what I have found protein skimmers can actually have a break-in period and could take some time to start producing foam in the cup

yes you are correct it can take 1/2 weeks for a new skimmer to start to pull skim-mate/foam

there is a trick though that can get the skimmer working faster ,
using saltwater stress coat you can wet a paper towel with it and wipe it around the inside tubes of the skimmer , this works but isn't necessary just wait it out , you are looking for more of a dryer skim-mate than a wet one a dryer skim-mate will be more effective than a wet one , if your seeing a lot of water raise the cup

Back
Top Bottom