Ever See a Rock Bleed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have (had) two very large pieces of live rock in my 55gal and it was very difficult to maintain the tank, because they actually touched both sides of the tank at the same time. Well, I got some coral frags that needed to be mounted and i didn't have any small rocks to mount them on and i didnt want to spend any more money. So i took one of the large rocks, a hammer, and a screwdriver and proceeded to make 5 medium size rocks out of it. All kinds of stuff came out, clams, snailshells, bugs. It was like a freaking piniata! Then, i noticed that one of the pieces was oozing some sort of green gooo onto the towel it was laying on 8O Then dang thing was bleeding. I've been doing a search, but cant find any info on what that was. Anybody have any ideas? :?:

Well i mounted my frags, with gel Crazy Glue, and re-did the aquacape in the tank (looks OK), and i scooped up as many of the little living fellers as i could and put them back into the tank. I tested the water today, becasue i was afraid that i caused too much dieoff last night and all of the parameters look good. :)

crazy glue?? is that okay?? i've read that you should use silicone.. maybe you had a bristle worm that got mutilated or something hehe.. they live within the rocks right??..

alot of people use superglue gel to mount frags...I have never heard of the silicone theory....might have to try that one.

Every silicone prodect ive seen needs way to much time to cure. Most are 16 - 24 hours before you can put it in water.

Back
Top Bottom