Excess chlorine?!?!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
I swim daily at my job currently.
When I do tank maintenance like scraping some bits of algea or removing uneaten food. Could I be contaminating the water with excess chlorine? I always shower before messing with the tank I'm just worried
Both of my clown fish have died in the last week with no evidence of nitrates or anything else on my water test?!?!?????

I've had two fish die in the last week?!
Tank is total of 34 gallons
29 tank
5 filter
Temp has been fluctuating between 78-82
Ammonia 0
Nitrite0
Nitrate less than 5ppm ( I don't wanna say zero bc I feel like there's always going to e some)
SG was 1.026
Not sure of my calcium or phosphate levels.
I have phosphate media but I'm not currently using it.
Lights are two 55 watt compact flourescent 50/50 bulbs
On from 1000 to 2000
I just can't figure it out.

What other fish are in the tank? Did the clowns look faded or healthily?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394810604.978588.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394810628.451128.jpg
Filtration in rear. I remove media bags on far left and added a canister filter
Second is front of take a few weeks ago tank has clear brown diatoms phase went through green algea and I've had a small cyano problem lately ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394810732.277681.jpg
The canister in and out. It pulls in on the left of the skimmer and puts out next to the heater

There are 5 hermits an emerald crab 2 turbo snails 2 nasaraeriaois or whatever snails. And one flame angel.
They didn't look faded at all! Colors were bright and they didn't act abnormal. I just came home to dead fish

Back
Top Bottom