Feather duster? Can i?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bloomk said:
No care? So do I or do I not need to feed them?

You don't really need to feed them but adding some plankton to your aquarium will benefit all your corals that extend feeder tentacles especially until your tank is established and producing plankton on it's own.

Ricksreef said:
You don't really need to feed them but adding some plankton to your aquarium will benefit all your corals that extend feeder tentacles especially until your tank is established and producing plankton on it's own.

I don't have any corals yet

So here's a question, I currently do not have a protein skimmer and am thinking of getting one for my sump. Question is, will it hurt my feather dusters?

Bloomk said:
So here's a question, I currently do not have a protein skimmer and am thinking of getting one for my sump. Question is, will it hurt my feather dusters?

No,they will still get food from the water column.

How long can feather dusters be expected to live in a well established tank?

Dusters don't do too well in captivity. They usually only live 1-2 years.

That is what I had been hearing they don't do well that is why I tried once and would love to have another but don't want to risk killing it. I keep hoping to find someone that has had them for a few years and find out what about their tank makes them do so well.

It is a worm,what do you expect.One to two years is a long time,especially when you get to my age.Hopefully with luck yours might reproduce.

Yea, I'm reading that they don't really know how long they live in the wild. So that might not be too bad.

Back
Top Bottom