feedin brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsa83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how would i go about feeding brine shrimp to my fish? .. i currently have one stripe damsel, hippo tang and 3 baby clown fish. do i just dump all of the brine shrimp into the tank when i get it from the LFS? .. will it cause a ammonia/nitrate spike if all of the shrimp is not eaten immediately? .. i'm looking for options to feed my fish b/c the clown fish seem to not like biting into flaky foods that are bigger than them.

what size tank do you have? unless you have a 100 gallon or larger three clowns won't do well once they mature, and that hippo tang won't do so hot in anythign smaller then a 180gallon. they can get to 15" long

what size tank do you have? unless you have a 100 gallon or larger three clowns won't do well once they mature, and that hippo tang won't do so hot in anythign smaller then a 180gallon. they can get to 15" long

what does thank size have to do with feeding brine shrimp? ....

Nothing, but it has a lot to do with proper husbandry and what I read as a sincere effort to help.

You don't need to feed brine. It should be an infrequent treat if used at all. I'll let others advise further, but please keep an open mind. I suspect there are several issues even though I don't know your tank size.

Back
Top Bottom