Figi Mud Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gal display with a 20 gal sump. I got some sps and lps along with some softies. I was wondering if I can add this figi mud to my sump without harming my tank. Also how should I go about doing it?

not sure about the walt smith product, but i saw a study a few years ago done on miracle mud. they said there was nothing in it that indicates it came from the ocean. i had pieces of man-made plastic things in mine, and also pieces of red brick. IMO it's from someone's back yard.
unnecessary to say the least.
i'm not convinced that there will be any benefit from it. at least your tank will be very cloudy for a few days/weeks.
if i was adding mud to my refugium, i'd shut it down, put the mud in and let it settle before i started the sump back up.

I know I used it in my sump when I started this 125 reef. If I had it all over to do again I would not use it again. I dont see where it did any good.

Ya, I thought I herd something about it being bad, but I wasnt sure. For some reason I thought that you had to cycle it in. Didn't want to dump it all in without knowing. Now I don't think I will add any at all. I need to look into it a little more, see if I can find any sources of the mud. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom