Fiji LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcolbath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Found a site in Ca. (oceanproaquatics.com) that has 46 lbs. of Fiji LR for $112.00 reg price is like $520.00 this is a 24 hr. special. Is this good LR?
Has any one here ever dealt with this company? I may be wrong but this sounds like a really good deal. I have heard soo much good stuff here about LR.com Does this fiji LR compare to Key West LR ? Please Advise
Rory

It does sound like a good deal. Just make sure it is already cured and they offer over-night shipping to keep the die-off at a minnimum. Fiji LR is pretty good stuff, I have some in my tank and it came with a lot of coraline algea. The keys rock from lr.com will be more colorful and contain more hitch hikers. I received an order from them a few weeks ago and it was amazing stuff. If tis is a new tank, go ahead and order up the fiji and let your tank cycle with it. Later on add some of the stuff from liverocks.com. Let us know what you decide...Lando

Thanks Lando,
I think I'll wait for LR.com the shipping is what worries me the most . They do ship overnight UPS which I would prefer the hub is 4 miles from my house and I deal with them 4 or 5 times a week with my T-shirt business anyway. But by the time I pay next day I might save $.50 per lb. I think that picking out the LR myself and being able to drive it straight home to put it in my tank in about 5 hours from picking it out would pay for itself in the long run. The extra hitch hikers are a plus too. 8) . I'm still confused about the lighting . Not sure how I want to go. Not really wanting MH . Any Ideas? Thanks Rory

You may want to look into PC lighting if not MH. It will help with the coraline growth and will be much better then NO. What size tank? Lando

I just looked at their web-page... if their "normal" price for a "46-52lb box" is $520, thats an average of about $10 per pound... that's REALLY HIGH. even their super special ultra low price for only the next 24 hours (yea right) isn't that great. it'll average out to about $2.50 a pound but you'll still have to pay shipping on that. If you look at liverocks.com as a comparison, their 40# box is $200 and INCLUDES shipping. That breaks down to $5 a pound but dont forget, that already includes shipping.

Just remember... if something sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

And i'll second lando's comments on PC. its a very affordable middle ground from NO to MH. I noticed a huge difference in my tank going from NO to PC.

Thanks alot Billy and Lando I have been leaning towards PC for price and overall cost
like light bills and replacement bulbs. Thats the main reason I 'm trying to avoid the MH.
Tank is a 180gal. 72" X 24" X 24" Any suggestions on which PC and where to find them. Thanks again. I will be going to LR.com by the way. Hopefully next Tuesday.When they get back from the dive. Rory

Back
Top Bottom