*Film on top of water on one side of tank?**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
55 Gal. Wet/Dry filter, RedSea Protein Skimmer deluxe, 2 powerheads 800, 3 moonlights, 260watt Power Compact Lighting, 50lbs. live rock with 25lbs. coming soon, 4in deep sand bed live sand with crushed coral and fine live sand. I have feather duster, bubble anemone, frog toadstool anemone, sun polyps, few other types of polyps. Maxima Clam, firefish.

I noticed this very light color film on the left side of the tank about 6in worth from the side of the tank to the beginning of the protein skimmer. What can this be? Water levels are fine, Tank has been set up for 3 years.

Sound like you need more surface agitation. Point one (or add another) of the PH's up toward the surface towards that area. Should do the trick.
What are all of your water parameters?

I use a hob powerfilter with some carbon in it for a couple days. Tends to clear it right up. I have talked to other folks and seems its just 'trash' in my case. Looks like a layer of dust on the water. More annoying than anything else, if thats what you have.

GL!

Back
Top Bottom