Filter for 72 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iahawks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 72 gallon aquarium with 75 lbs of rock and two Marineland Maxi-Jet 1200 Power heads. What else do I need for filtration?

I don't have a sump. I'm really confused on the whole sump thing. My tank doesn't have built in overflow and putting a drill to it doesn't sound appealing. Would you suggest of hang off the back skimmer?

Yuh the hobs are OK I don't have a sump either I run a seaclone 100 it a horrible Skimmer unless you mod it a lot it's the only Skimmer I'm familiar with but others like the ac remora and Bak paks

Just make a sump and get a gl*******s.com overflow kit. It comes with a diamond hole saw and it's really easy to drill the glass. Then you can hide the heaters and skimmer in the sump in the stand.

iadubber said:
Just make a sump and get a gl*******s.com overflow kit. It comes with a diamond hole saw and it's really easy to drill the glass. Then you can hide the heaters and skimmer in the sump in the stand.

That's supposed to say glass holes.com no space.

I guess if you have a 72 bowfront you might want to check with the manufacturer if the back glass is tempered first.

I got the 700gph kit for my 72 bow with the 3/4" return kit. That will be going into a 20g Long sump. I'm still working on it yet I'm waiting for my skimmer to be delivered to finalize the chamber sizes.

I have a 75g I just drilled. I originally was going with glass holes 750gph but then decided on the 1500gph overflow due to the dual drains. Piece of mind in case one gets clogged

Back
Top Bottom